Articles in this journal become free 1 year after publication. They enter the subscription paywall again between 11 and 70 years, after which they enter our free digital archive.
If you're interested in Proceedings B articles, you might also be interested in:
- Other journals published by the Royal Society
- Frequently asked questions about Proceedings of the Royal Society B
- Our historical journal archives
- Our publishing policies
- The latest news and highlights from the Royal Society Publishing blog
- Recommending one or more Royal Society journals to your library
The Royal Society is committed to advancing science through the support of open data. It is a condition of publication that all raw data to support the conclusions made in the paper are deposited in a public repository, or available to readers in the supplementary material. Open data maximises the transparency of the work as well as fostering innovation across all areas of science. As a reader, if you are unable to gain access to the data you require, please feel free to contact the editorial office.